The L class blimps were commercial airships built by Goodyear Aircraft Company for advertising purposes. They were requisitioned by the US Navy during World War II (for use as training airships and on limited coastal patrols off near Moffett Field in California). On August 16, 1942, the blimp designated as L-8 was on a routine anti-submarine patrol when the airbase lost contact with the crew. The airship finally drifted in from the Pacific Ocean and landed in the streets of Daly City -- without either of its crewmen on board. No trace of the men was ever found.
This die-cast metal aircraft is fully decorated with authentic details, and comes with a display stand.