Frank Lovejoy is heard as Randy "Lucky" Stone, a hardboiled reporter who covers the "nightbeat" for the Chicago Star. Randy Stone wandered the back alleys and bars of Chicago, searching for both crime and human-interest stories. Nightbeat premiered on February 6, 1950 and ran until September 25, 1952.
OLD TIME RADIO PROGRAMS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE FROM RADIO SPIRITS ON AUDIO CD:
1. Night Beat: Human Interest Item #: 46812 Media: CD Description: A newspaperman of the people, by the people and for the people -- that's Randy Stone of the Chicago... Was: $31.95 Now: $26.99 you save 16% ADD TO CART
2. Dragnet: Night Watch Item #: 46592 Media: CD Description: Jack Webb was never an actual law enforcement officer, but listeners could be forgiven for thinking... Was: $39.98 Now: $35.98 you save 10% ADD TO CART
3. Green Hornet: Night Flight Item #: 47832 Media: CD Description: Racketeers and swindlers, thieves and killers -- they all feel the sting of The Green Hornet! World... Price: $39.98 ADD TO CART
4. Philip Marlowe: Night Tide Item #: 47432 Media: CD Description: "He's looking for romance around the corner - and he knows there's no corner." - Gerald Mohr
6. Broadway's My Beat: Dark Whispers Item #: 46892 Media: CD Description: It's the brightest street in the world -- and also the darkest. It all depends on your point of... Was: $31.95 Now: $25.56 you save 20% ADD TO CART